Saturday, August 9, 2014

Clean Chocolate Chip Brownie Muffins

I don't know about you, but I have tried so many pinterest "healthy recipes" that have been an epic fail. 

Like, not even edible tasting. And you KNOW it's bad when my husband says... "how bout not make that again." 

A coach of mine, Melissa, told me she was going to come over and bring some "healthy" chocolate muffins. I just knew it was probably something I'd already made and would taste "healthy" too. 

But I was completely wrong. These are some of the best healthy muffins I've ever had. 

No flour.
No oils. 
No artificial sweeteners. 
No butter. 

Better yet, I'm ok with my 2 year old eating these. 


Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition: Estimated 75 calories per muffin. 

Ingredients:

2 small-medium bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (plus a few more to add on top)

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a blender. YES a blender. 

It should look like this!

(tip: put the egg in first so that the liquid can help it blend more easily. The batter will be thick.)



2. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.

3. Scoop liner into paper-lined muffin tins about 2/3 full.

4. Press about 3-5 additional chocolate chips on top.

5. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when you pull it out.

6. Allow to cool briefly before serving but still want to serve warm. Be careful! Chocolate chips will be HOT!



http://honeybeehomemaker.blogspot.com

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12708605/?claim=5sm7jsq8v3c">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment